Society needs great marketing
and great marketers!
I believe that we are social creatures and that living together makes us better individually and collectively. Marketing is a powerful discipline for adding value to the society that enriches us all.
In this personal website and blog, I
- Explore the foundations of our social impulse.
- Explain the design, distribution, pricing, and promotion methods that improve our communities.
- Showcase examples of marketing at work in the community around us.
I am a marketing and strategic communications professional with more than 20 years experience spanning the software, energy, consulting, and publishing industries.
For most of my career, I’ve focused mostly on public sector and infrastructure opportunities. Here’s a recap of some of my experience:
- I’m currently serving as Director of Marketing at Silverback Data Center Services and leading the personal finance blog R Minus 10.
- In 2017, I served as Director of Product Marketing for Great Place to Work, a people analytics and HR consulting company.
- In 2014, I returned to the energy sector to work for Space-Time Insight, an analytics software company. (Nokia acquired Space-Time Insight in 2018.)
- I served as Strategic Communications Manager for WestEd from 2010 to 2014. WestEd is a nationwide non-profit agency for education research and service.
- From 2004 to 2010, I worked for Itron, one of the leading global Smart Grid vendors for electricity, gas, and water.
- From 2000 to 2004, I was publisher and co-owner of The Local Planet Weekly, an alternative newsweekly in Spokane, Washington. We won numerous awards for our coverage, include national 2002 AAN awards for features for our coverage of 9/11, and for media criticism for our coverage of public/private finance involving the daily Spokesman-Review newspaper. Yes, we did that in Spokane.
To learn more about me, visit my LinkedIn profile.